So Wednesday I was home and my parents were working from home so my mom decided to make me and my dad something special for lunch. Normally we would just get a cup of instant noodels of a slice of bread with Nutella. We are not really the kind of people that go big on lunch. Although our weekend family breakfasts are legendary, complete with danish, fresh squeezed orange juice and home made chicken salad ! In fact our weekend breakfasts are so extensive that we usually skip lunch during the weekends. But Wednesday was special since my dad had been traveling a lot over the past few weeks and my brother got home early from school.
Since my mom is a magician with leftovers, she just grabbed whatever leftovers were in fridge and made us a delicious and incredibly tasty sandwich! This sandwich could be served in a restaurant or a deli! I swear it’s that good!
Ingredients: roasted red pepper in slices, slices of aubergine grilled in a pan with a little oil, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper
Ingredients for the guacamole: avocado, lemon juice, a little bit of mayonaise, knoflook, half a chili, little bit of olive oil
Instructions on who to roast red peppers can be found right here:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Toast a slice of bread and drizzle it with a little olive oil.
- Start wit a laying a slice of aubergine on the toast.
- Next up is a slice of roasted red pepper.
- And last but certainly not least a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Put in the over for about 5 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted
- In the meanwhile blits up the guacamole in the mixer.
- Grind a little bit of pepper on the toast.
- You ready to go! serve with the guacamole on the side!